• Presently a fourth year PhD Computer Science graduate student. Commenced the PhD course in academic year 2013/14.
• PhD supervisor is Dr. Victor Sanchez. PhD advisors are as follows: Professor Chang-Tsun Li and Dr. Abhir Bhalerao.
• Granted with a full PhD scholarship, which is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
• Graduated with a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Information Technology at the University of Liverpool in 2012.
• Graduated with a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computing at York College in 2001 (University of York — Associate College).
• Enrolled on the Postgraduate Award (PGA) in Transferable Skills in Science course in 2013. Graduated in academic year 2015/16.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Computer Science
I am presently a fourth year postgraduate research student studying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Computer Science at University of Warwick; I commenced the course in academic year 2013/14. Within the Department of Computer Science, I am working in the research domain of Methodologies & Applications. More specifically, I am a member of the Multimedia Processing & Computer Vision group working on High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) research.
The general research area on which I am presently focusing is the following video data compression standard: HEVC/H.265; this video coding platform has been standardised by JCT-VC (ITU-T/ISO/IEC: VCEG & MPEG). In my research undertakings thus far, five original contributions to knowledge have been proposed in the specialised field of perceptually adaptive quantisation for the HEVC standard.
To view examples of my work, please visit the following page: Computer Science (HEVC) Research Profile, University of Warwick.
Master of Science (MSc) - Information Technology
The following is a tabulated summary of the final module grades with which I was awarded.
Final Grade: Master of Science (MSc) degree with Distinction (First Class).